Mud Innovative Competition
IPFEST 2018 Mud Innovative Competition will challenge participant's knowledge about drilling mud. This competition emphasizes on how participants solve problems given by drilling mud experts.
“Innovation of Drilling Fluids to Enhance Drilling Processes Considering Energy Resilience”
Center for Research and Community Service Auditorium
Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB)
Time and Date
Friday, February 23rd 2018
08.00 – End (GMT + 7)
- IPFEST 2018 Mud Innovative Competition is open for undergraduate students only.
- Each university can send a maximum of 2 teams with each team consisting of 3 people.
- Every member of a team must be from the same university
- Every member of a team is only allowed to join a team
- Case for each team will be sent on February 3rd 2018 at 07.00 A.M (GMT +7) to each team leader’s email.
- Present your answer and solution using your presentation (.ppt file) at IPFEST 2018 Mud Innovative Competition Main Event ( 23rd February 2018 )
- All presentations should be delivered in English.
- The presentation will be a closed presentation.
- The order of presentation will be known at Technical Meeting
- All participants should attend the Technical Meeting on February 22nd 2018. The venue will be notified later through IPFEST 2018 e-mail or official account.
- All participants should wear formal attire in Presentation Day
- Judges’ decisions are final and absolute.
- All regulations of IPFEST 2018 Mud Innovative Competition are subject to change. All changes will be informed on technical meeting or days before the competition through the team leader’s email.
- Participants are required to come up with the best result for the study case.
- Your team will be given a total of 30 minutes consisting of presentation and Q&A from the judges. 15 minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for Q&A session
- The presentation should be presented in English and submitted to the committee through email@example.com (cc : firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject and file name: “MUD_IPFEST 2018_Presentation_(University Name)_(Team Leader Name)” maximum at February 21st 2018 at 23:59 (GMT +7).
- Participants should provide three (3) handouts of their presentations and summary of their answers for the judges during presentation session.
- The presentation will be a closed presentation
- Judges, moderator, and time keeper decisions are final and unanimous.
- Mud selection
- Mud properties and rheologies
- Effects on formation (overcoming damage)
- Hole cleaning and stability
- Environmental and economical aspect
- Judges (3 persons)
- Time Keeper
The Winners of IPFEST 2018 Mud Innovative Competition will be awarded money and a certificate:
- 1st Place : IDR 4,500,000 + certificate
- 2nd Place : IDR 3,000,000 + certificate
- 3rd Place : IDR 1,500,000 + certificate
- Registration will be conducted in IPFEST 2018 website registration form at www.ipfest2018.com at November 11th – December 1st 2017 and December 12th 2017 – January 10th 2018
- Submit the payment receipt to the link that will be given via email after registration.
- The mechanism of the selection is on first-pay, first-served basis. The first 12 teams that complete both the registration and payment processes will be selected to join IPFEST 2018 Mud Innovative Competition.
- Registration fee has to be paid before December 1st 2017 (Batch 1) and January 10th 2018 (Batch 2)
- Should there be any questions, please address to email@example.com
|Open Registration (1st Batch)||: November 11th – December 1st 2017|
|Open Registration (2nd Batch)||: December 12th 2017 – January 10th 2018|
|Official Delegates Announcement||: January 16th 2018|
|Case and Questions are Issued||: February 3rd 2018|
|Final Presentation Submission||: February 21th 2018|
|Presentation Day||: February 23rd 2018|
- Bintang Kusuma Yuda
- Head of Mud Competition Division