Business Case Competition
IPFEST 2018 Business Case Competition will challenge participants to apply their knowledge and analysis competence to solve economic-based problem. In this competition, participants will be challenged to create innovative solutions for cases that will be given.
“Improving Business Efficiency in Oil and Gas Upstream Industry”
Center for Research and Community Service Auditorium
Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB)
Time and Date
Friday, February 23rd 2018
08.00 – End (GMT + 7)
- Only active undergraduate students of any university may join this competition.
- Each university can send its representative with each team consisting of 3 people, with no maximum number of teams.
- Every member of a team must be from the same university, but they are allowed from different departments.
- Every member of a team only allowed to join one team.
- Total participants of this competition that will be invited to the main event is eight (8) teams. Any changes will be announced via IPFEST 2018 official account.
- The first eighteen (18) teams that have completed the payment process will be given the case for Preliminary Round. They will be notified through IPFEST 2018 website and e-mail.
- To the teams who have completed the registration and payment process will receive the case for Preliminary Round at December 2nd 2017.
- The preliminary essay submitted must not include University’s name and attribute (logo, etc), only team’s name and team’s leader name are allowed.
- Top eight (8) teams in IPFEST 2018 Business Case Competition Preliminary Round will be invited to IPFEST 2018 Business Case Competition Final Round.
- Given cases in this competition are related with Oil and Gas Company.
- The case for each team will be sent to each team leader’s email.
- Each team that have been proceed to IPFEST2018 Business Case Competition Final Round must attend the technical meeting at 22nd February 2018. The venue will be notified later through IPFEST 2018 e-mail or official account.
- All participants should wear formal attire in Presentation Day.
- The presentation will be a closed presentation.
- Judge’s decision is final and absolute.
- All regulations of IPFEST 2018 Business Case Competition are subject to change. All changes will be informed on technical meeting or days before the competition through team leader’s email.
IPFEST2018 Business Case Competition will be conducted in 2 stages: Elimination and Final.
- Preliminary Round : At Preliminary Round, each team will analyze Preliminary case and find the solution of the case in form of essay. The essay must be in English and submitted before December 17th 2017 at 23.59 (GMT + 7). Submission of the essay must in .pdf form with file name : BusinessCaseEssay_IPFEST2018_Elimination_(TeamName) and submitted to IPFEST 2018 official email firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com) with subject : BusinessCaseEssay_IPFEST2018_Elimination_(TeamName)_(University). Top 8 teams with the best essay will proceed to the Final Round, and will be announced at January 16th 2018
- Final Round : At Final Round , each team will analyze Final case and present their solution in front of judges at the competition day. Teams that proceed to this round will receive the Final case at January 30th 2018. Teams will have 2 (two) weeks to analyze this Final case and find the solution of it. The solution will be in form of essay and presentation that submitted via e-mail before February 15th 2018 at 23:59 (GMT + 7). Submission of the essay must in .pdf form with subject BusinessCaseEssay_FinalRound_(TeamName).pdf and the presentation must be in .ppt form with file name BusinessCasePresentation_FinalRound_(TeamName)_(University).ppt. Both must be submitted to IPFEST 2018 official email firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com) with subject BusinessCaseEssay_IPFEST2018_FinalRound_(TeamName)_(University). Participants do not need to bring their presentation file at the competition day.
- Each team will have 40 minutes for their presentation at the competition day :
- Preparation : 5 minutes
- Presentation : 15 minutes
- Q&A : 20 minutes
- The presentation will be a closed presentation and all delegates should wear formal attire.
- Winners of this competition will be announced later at IPFEST 2018 Gala Dinner.
- Each team must submit their solution in form of an essay with format :
- Using Times New Roman size 12
- Spacing 1.15
- Maximum content of 5 (five) pages
- A4 (margin - left, top, right, bottom) : 3cm
- Essay must be submitted with file name :
- BusinessCaseEssay_IPFEST2018_Elimination_(TeamName).pdf , for Preliminary round
- BusinessCaseEssay_IPFEST2018_FinalRound_(TeamName).pdf, for Final round
- Final Case :
- Presentation ( 40 % )
- Essay ( 60 % )
Team have to convince the judges about their solution, and they must answer judges questions properly
- Judges : In this competition there will be three judges. Judges decision is unanimous and final.
- Moderator : In the competition day there will be a moderator, who will guide the entire competition. Moderator can stop a team if it has reached the time limit.
- Time Keeper: In the competition day there will be a time keeper. The timekeeper will supervise each team’s presentation and will notify the moderator if the presentation has reached its time limit.
The Winners of IPFEST 2018 Business Case Competition will be awarded money and a certificate:
- 1st Place : IDR 4,500,000 + certificate
- 2nd Place : IDR 3,000,000 + certificate
- 3rd Place : IDR 1,500,000 + certificate
- Registration will be conducted in IPFEST 2018 website registration form at www.ipfest2018.com at November 11th – December 1st 2017
- Preliminary Fees for Business Case Competition Preliminary is IDR 150,000 per team or USD 12 per team for International students. Participants have to pay the preliminary fees via bank account and the fastest 18 teams that have completed the preliminary fees will be given the case for preliminary round.
- Submit your preliminary case essay before December 17th 2017 at 23:59 (GMT + 7) to IPFEST 2018 official email IPFEST2018@gmail.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essay selection announcement will be on January 16th 2018 and will be shared at IPFEST 2018 official account and sent directly to delegates email
- If your team has passed the essay selection stage, the remaining registration fees which has to be paid :
- IDR 400,000 per person for domestic students
- USD 30 per person for international students
- The remaining registration fees have to be completed before January 30th 2018 by submit your transfer slip to link that will be given to your email.
- Only 8 teams with best essays will pass elimination phase and will be invited to Main Event of IPFEST 2018 Business Case Competition at Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB).
- Should there be any question, please ask via e-mail to email@example.com
|Competition Registration||: November 11th – December 1st 2017|
|Preliminary Case Issued||: December 9th 2017|
|Preliminary Case Essay Submission||: December 24th 2017|
|Final Round Team Announcement||: January 16th 2018|
|Big Case Essay and Presentation Submission||: February 15th 2018|
|Competition Day||: February 23rd 2018|
- Johan Sebastian Loana
- Head of Business Case Competition Division